Rendang is a popular dish in Malaysia. Preparing it may take a while but the result is satisfying.
Here is the recipe:
- 1.5 kg chicken, cut into 12 pieces and wash with salt. Rinse well.
- 250ml coconut milk
- 100ml water
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon clarified butter
- 8 cloves shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 15 stalks chilli padi
- 3cm fresh tumeric
- 4cm ginger
- 1 tablespoon meat curry powder
- thinly sliced tumeric leaves
1. Heat the clarified butter, saute the Ground Ingredients until cooked. Add chicken pieces, stir and mix evenly over low fire for 5 minutes. Then add meat curry powder, water and milk.
2. Stir the rendang until gravy thickens. Add salt to taste.
3. Sprinkle with chopped tumeric leaves before serving.